- 1Unsounded; unfathomed: loomed to the surface like a stingray from unplumbed depthsMore example sentences
- Arthur's killer whalesong voice, often a lone entity, bobs in multi-tracked rounds like schools of jellyfish on the unplumbed depths.
- That sea reminds Arnold's speakers of their isolation from other people and from faith's traditions: in ‘To Marguerite - Continued’ the speaker ends viewing ‘The unplumbed, salt, estranging sea’.
- 1.1Not fully explored or understood: one-dimensional performances that leave the play’s psychological depths unplumbedMore example sentences
- A substantial literature, unplumbed by Rothkopf, explores this topic.
- This is wrong on levels unplumbed by the science of man.
- She sensed something in my voice which betrayed great unplumbed deeps to my soul and an admirable weariness of the plastic norms of Society?
- More example sentences
- While I have never doubted the unplumbable dumbness of the Littlest Caesar, the real surprise is that his bosses, like Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld, aren't the evil geniuses we thought they were.
- She looked smooth and precious, a thing of unplumbable mysteries, and perilous as quicksand.
- Well, first of all, the diary is a terrific introduction to the wondrous complexity of one's unplumbable soul.
More definitions of unplumbedDefinition of unplumbed in:
- The British & World English dictionary