Definition of unpointed in English:
1Not having a sharpened or tapered tip.
- The notion of a Galois topos is meaningful also in the unpointed case.
- Legend of the un-pointed sword.
- each of said lens cavities having a smoothly rounded unpointed inner end portion and an inwardly tapered portion leading to said inner end portion
2(Of a Semitic alphabet) written without dots or small strokes to indicate vowels or distinguish consonants.
- The text of the canonical writings at this point was written in unpointed Hebrew (and, in a few parts, Aramaic).
- Most Cree and Oji-Cree text written by the Cree elsewhere is unpointed or occasionally partially pointed.
- See Hebrew Alphabet for more on pointed and unpointed texts.
3(Of brickwork, a brick structure, or tiling) having joints that are not filled in or repaired.
- So, will rain on unpointed patio, some of which is still possibly curing, cause me any trouble?
- Each student to build a half brick wall with face left unpointed, nine courses high, between two end stands.
- The unpointed joints can be topped up with fresh mortar if they are not quite full, before tooling to the required style.
Words that rhyme with unpointedself-appointed
Definition of unpointed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan