Definition of unrealistic in English:
Not realistic: it was unrealistic to expect changes to be made overnight
More example sentences
- It can, admittedly, be hard to distinguish between being idealistic and being unrealistic.
- He said it was unrealistic to expect tempers not to flare, given the sporting history between the two schools.
- I suppose good parents strive for perfection, which is unrealistic and unnecessary.
unreasonable, irrational, illogical, senseless, silly, foolish, fanciful, idealistic, quixotic, romantic, starry-eyed, blue-sky, pie in the sky
chiefly British informalairy-fairy
- Example sentences
- But it strikes me as hypocrisy that the market is allowed to become unrealistically overbought, but has to be slapped back into line when it is, reputedly, critically oversold.
- Characters were only permitted to speak in an unrealistically prim fashion, bare flesh was out of the question and certain political or sexual themes were completely taboo.
- While the movement is unrealistically static in the hospital scenes, the ‘memory’ sequences are wonderfully effective.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.