Definition of unresolved in English:
1(Of a problem, question, or dispute) not resolved: a number of issues remain unresolved
More example sentences
- The thousand-year nuclear waste question remains an unresolved problem with unforeseeable permanent costs.
- The Middle East is already afflicted with the unresolved problems of the fate of the Palestinians in a dispute that stems largely from religious discord.
- Further, he said, this provided a point of reference for discussing any unresolved questions, if not actually resolving them.
1.1 archaic (Of a person) uncertain of what to think or do.
- He is unresolved whether to buy it or to spend the extra shilling on his dinner.
- She is unresolved about which charities to include in her will.
- He also noted that of the individuals that he had spoken with, they were unresolved as to whether Council should increase in size.
- Example sentences
- The episode concludes with disquieting and unresolvedly painful images of an eventually genocidal race war.
- The tone of the collective poem is unresolvedly poised between pity, satire and benediction, which is perhaps deliberate in order to suggest the sense of despair present at that time.
- Still, anything that can be said by reference to a group can also be said by reference to the underlying objects alone - in theory; the practice is sometimes unresolvedly difficult.
- Example sentences
- Yet [they] continue, and grow up, and many grow old, in an unresolvedness whether to embrace Christianity or not.
- The unresolvedness of this juxtaposition opens questions about the pureness of form and the truth of images.
- That would diminish the feeling of unresolvedness that made the first film so strong.
Pronunciation: /-ˈzälvidlē/ /-ˈzôl-/adverb
Pronunciation: /-ˈzälvidnəs/ /-ˈzôl-/noun
Words that rhyme with unresolvedundissolved, uninvolved, unsolved
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.