- 1Not rounded.More example sentences
- Front and central vowels and back low vowels are normally pronounced with the lips unrounded.
- The inside upper edge should be left unrounded, so as to prevent the staves from splintering when adzing the barrel.
- For example, the sharp sides defining the bottom surfaces may be left unrounded.
- 1.1 Phonetics (Of a vowel) pronounced with the lips not rounded.More example sentences
- On the other hand, in some regions of the US caught and cot are distinct in pronunciation (typically with a rounded vowel in the first and an unrounded vowel in the second).
- In the Russian transliteration, the vowel y is a high back unrounded vowel (not found in English); it's not like English y.
- The resulting vowel is sometimes lightly rounded but more often unrounded, like the stressed vowel of father.
More definitions of unroundedDefinition of unrounded in:
- The British & World English dictionary