Definition of unseat in English:
1Cause (someone) to fall from a horse or bicycle.
- Hannah Blumenthal, 52, a freelance pony rider, was severely injured when she was unseated from a horse on Friday morning at Belmont Park.
- Bravo, 33, was riding Maid of Sunlight, who was squeezed in tight quarters and unseated him when she fell.
- Jockey Alejandro Marcial was taken to a hospital on Sunday after his horse, Ski Away, broke down, unseating him in the first race at Arlington Park.
1.1Remove from a position of power or authority.
- Opposition youth movements such as Ukraine's Pora and Serbia's Otpor have been instrumental in unseating governments in their respective countries.
- But no one, not even Wahid, is suggesting that the military as an institution is behind any attempt to unseat the government.
- The AL, the main opposition party, has decided to resort to street agitation to unseat the government.