(Of behavior or actions) not proper or appropriate: an unseemly squabble
More example sentences
- He was said to have killed more than one of his own men out-of-hand for lax or unseemly behaviour.
- Neither should we fear that the unsaved will be driven away by what may appear to be unseemly behaviour.
- Such unseemly conduct cannot exist without collaboration between an authoritarian power and an unchecked market.
- More example sentences
- Perhaps this attitude stemmed from some vestigial Old World notions of hierarchy, division of labor, or even the unseemliness of the music that they produced.
- They do seem to hold him responsible for some of the unseemliness of the administration.
- Livia Russo looks like she was about fourteen when the movie was shot, which lends an air of extreme unseemliness to her frequent nude scenes.