- Not showy in appearance or style; restrained or understated: a natural, unshowy performer with a tremendous singing voice she writes about her parents with deep, unshowy affectionMore example sentences
- The subtle pervasive sheen, which caresses similar unshowy utensils, differs little in the two pictures.
- Bacon plays all the pieces with a rather understated, unshowy technique, where the music is always of prime importance.
- He writes in serviceable, unshowy prose, whose effect is cumulative.
More definitions of unshowyDefinition of unshowy in:
- The British & World English dictionary