Unpleasant to look at; ugly: unsightly warts
More example sentences
- Photos of ugly babies and unsightly spouses have never met a kinder pair of eyes than yours.
- Travellers who were running a paving company from a disused pub car park turned it into an unsightly rubbish dump.
- He said rubbish on motorways is unsightly and poses a danger to both drivers and animals.
- More example sentences
- The response from the children has been outstanding and they have shown a very responsible attitude, not only about the unsightliness of litter, but more importantly an awareness of the dangers it puts us in.
- Due to the limitation of tracks, inconvenience to passengers, disruption to traffic, and their unsightliness, tramcars finally disappeared in 1963.
- If he must depict ugliness, let his art not be ugly: to confuse the unsightliness of the subject with the squalor of the work is wholly to misunderstand the function of art.