- (Of a ship or boat) unable to be sunk: the supposedly unsinkable ship hit an icebergMore example sentences
- But it is because of hydrogen bonds that ice floats, and the iceberg can sink even the unsinkable ship.
- It does seem a bit inappropriate though considering the unsinkable ship was sunk by an iceberg all those years ago.
- What other cause would there be to put people into lifeboats on an unsinkable ship?
- More example sentences
- The outer skin is backed by urethane foam - adding to its ‘unsinkability.’
- The Titanic is remembered for something else - its hubris, its unsinkability.
- Its remarkable buoyancy, and the Whaler's legendary unsinkability, was simply a coincidence.
More definitions of unsinkableDefinition of unsinkable in:
- The British & World English dictionary