Definition of unsinkable in English:
(Of a ship or boat) unable to be sunk: the supposedly unsinkable ship hit an iceberg
More example sentences
- But it is because of hydrogen bonds that ice floats, and the iceberg can sink even the unsinkable ship.
- It does seem a bit inappropriate though considering the unsinkable ship was sunk by an iceberg all those years ago.
- What other cause would there be to put people into lifeboats on an unsinkable ship?
- Example sentences
- The outer skin is backed by urethane foam - adding to its ‘unsinkability.’
- The Titanic is remembered for something else - its hubris, its unsinkability.
- Its remarkable buoyancy, and the Whaler's legendary unsinkability, was simply a coincidence.
Definition of unsinkable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan