Definition of unsolvable in English:
Not able to be solved.
- The number of times the participant attempted to solve the unsolvable puzzle was used as a measure of the person's persistence or residual frustration level.
- It is perhaps this complete unpredictability in fishing that keeps us coming back for more, to solve the unsolvable conundrum: what makes the perfect fishing day?
- Among the army of sleuths and secret agents that populated 1960s TV was a trio of detectives, employed by of a special branch of Interpol dedicated to solving seemingly unsolvable crimes.
- unsolvability noun
- Example sentences
- Post is best known for his work on polyadic groups, recursively enumerable sets, and degrees of unsolvability, as well as for his contribution to the unsolvability of problems in combinatorial mathematics.
- It was lauded at the time for its near unsolvability.
- In particular, he proved the unsolvability of the halting problem.
Definition of unsolvable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.