- He said the protest should not be perceived as the cry of bad losers but as a legitimate move to bring sanity to the game by discouraging unsporting behaviour.
- When in 1949 a New Zealander called Brunton Smith flung himself full-length to prevent a Yorkshire boundary, the Bramall Lane crowd booed his unsporting behaviour.
- Any criticism that Northern Ireland employed unsporting tactics in the game is well wide of the mark.
- Example sentences
- The home team, meanwhile, had 14 players and, unsportingly, insisted on playing their full complement.
- Pembridge deserved the stick he got from the Bolton fans and players when he unceremoniously and unsportingly hoofed the ball out of play instead of offering possession back to the opposition.
- ‘I won't tell your secrets, ‘says the title track, rather unsportingly.
Words that rhyme with unsportingself-supporting
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of unsporting in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.