- (Of testimony or evidence) not given under oath.More example sentences
- Evidence acts in Alberta, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, the Northwest Territories, and the Yukon Territories continue to require corroborative evidence for unsworn testimony.
- In fact, I used to have a rule of thumb in my head that if the judge mentioned witness box and unsworn statement within a sentence or so, there was an implied comment within the meaning of the authorities.
- To illustrate, the rules of evidence were relaxed to include such indirect prosecution evidence as hearsay, diaries, unsworn statements, affidavits that could not be verified unless witnesses took the stand, and so forth.
More definitions of unswornDefinition of unsworn in:
- The British & World English dictionary