Detach (something) by the removal of tacks.
- On the other side of the bed she was hurriedly untacking the pictures she had drawn from the walls.
- I untacked the paper from the wall and slipped it into my suitcase.
Remove the saddle and bridle from (a horse).
- One at a time, each horse was untacked and turned loose in my arena.
- After you untack your horse, use water (warm water, if it is available) to sponge off the areas that have become sweaty - the saddle area, chest, and behind the tail are the areas where your horse is most likely to sweat.
- They walked around the barn, dismounted, then untacked and groomed the horses again.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.