Definition of untanned in English:
1(Of a person or their skin) not tanned by exposure to the sun.
- While the rest of you may yearn for an even Bisto colour all over, I'm happy to sport that telltale white bracelet of untanned skin round my left wrist.
- Eight 1.5 cm 2 test sites on each subject's untanned, upper-back skin were irradiated with a TL - 01 UVB dose series (50, 70, 100, 140, 200, 280, 390 and 550 mJ / cm 2; 1.4 incremental factor).
- They previously noted that the edema response for hairless mice closely approximated the erythema reaction of untanned Caucasian human skin, with nearly identical action spectra.
2(Of animal skin) not converted into leather by tanning: untanned hides
More example sentences
- Other early materials were parchment, made from the untanned skins of sheep or goats and vellum, or fine parchment, made from calf-, kid-, and lambskin.
- This compares with shipments of feathers, for instance, valued at [pounds sterling] 135,453 over the same period, or of untanned cowhides priced at [pounds sterling] 3 million.
- The following offices in New Zealand have the ability to issue export certification for untanned hides of New Zealand origin.
Words that rhyme with untannedand, band, bland, brand, expand, firsthand, gland, grand, hand, land, manned, misunderstand, offhand, rand, righthand, Samarkand, sand, stand, strand, thirdhand, underhand, undermanned, understand, unplanned, withstand
Definition of untanned in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.