- 1Not yet tested to discover quality or reliability; inexperienced: he chose two untried actors for leading rolesMore example sentences
- With the youngest manager in the Football League and an untried and tested squad, the pundits were fighting over themselves to measure-up the Minstermen for their relegation coffins.
- Such has been the growth of Danny's fame that nowadays he could even manage to test the untried waters by charging K30,000 for his show, charges that his peers can only dream of.
- For a crop of talented, but untried and inexperienced teenagers he became the man they looked up to above all others.
- 2 Law (Of an accused person) not yet subjected to a trial in court.More example sentences
- His figures more likely referred to the number of untried prisoners; remands, however, include people who are convicted but awaiting sentence, many of whom will not end up with a custodial penalty.
- An untried prisoner shall be allowed to wear his own clothing if it is clean and suitable.
- As if that were not enough, it keeps its eye on the fate of political prisoners and other untried detainees in 65 countries and runs 16 major hospitals in Africa and Asia.