- 1 Not being, or never having been, used: any unused equipment will be welcomed backMore example sentences
- The £250,000 project will recondition unused side loading equipment at the port.
- They are urging people with unused tools and woodwork equipment sitting idle in garages and around the house to donate them.
- It is maiden also when it is still in its original, unused, untouched or unexplored condition.
- 2 /-ˈyo͞ost/ [predic.] (unused to) Not familiar with or accustomed to something: unused to spicy food, she took a long mouthful of waterMore example sentences
- It came as no surprise that she was unused to being around so many strangers at once.
- It was a challenge not only to get it into the form (meter and rhyme), but I was unused to writing about such concrete subject matter.