- 1Not expressed in words; unuttered: a person’s unvoiced thoughtsMore example sentences
- She executes her role as the lone family friend with a perfect unvoiced presence - her understanding of their isolation is touching.
- As she points out in her excellent introduction, here we are hearing an implicit, unvoiced apprehension about her background.
- An unvoiced sob now hovered behind her words, making her sound intolerably vulnerable to this new enemy, but there was nothing she could do about it.
- 2 Phonetics (Of a speech sound) uttered without vibration of the vocal cords.More example sentences
- This invention presents a voicing determination algorithm for classification of a speech signal segment as voiced or unvoiced.
- The difference between voiced and unvoiced cognate consonants in the initial position appears to be highly dependent upon voice-onset-time (VOT).
More definitions of unvoicedDefinition of unvoiced in:
- The British & World English dictionary