Definition of unwed in English:
Not married: an unwed teenage mother
More example sentences
- A sometime documentary filmmaker, she traveled to the once-thriving industrial town of Pittsfield, Massachusetts, in order to chronicle the lives of a generation of teenage unwed mothers.
- Yet many questions have never been publicly aired: What would have happened to those children of unwed teenage mothers if they hadn't been adopted?
- Utah has the nation's highest birth rate, but the lowest incidence of unwed teenage mothers.
- Example sentences
- Also, I'm not LDS; I'm some weird offshoot of Christianity with a much higher rate of unweddedness at 25.
- All that's certain is that real women, in droves, are investing themselves in the prolonged unweddedness of these unwed heroines.
- The rest of my day is incidental, because I've spent the time since meditating over what he said, trying to justify my unweddedness and, in case I failed to do so, plotting the entrapment into wedlock of the nearest passing female.
Definition of unwed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.