- 1Release (a pair of animals) from a yoke.More example sentences
- Indeed the expense and the nature of the gifts - unyoked animals for unmarried goddesses, for example - help to colour in those personalities, their status and importance.
- The trekking routes and outspans - a term derived from unyoking a team of oxen - became major channels of communication into the interior.
- During the sack, the countryside had taken on the marks of anarchy: farm-dogs foraging in packs, empty farmhouses, trampled gardens, neglected vineyards, unyoked oxen wandering in the road.
More definitions of unyokeDefinition of unyoke in:
- The British & World English dictionary