Definition of unzip in English:
verb (unzips, unzipping, unzipped)[with object]
1Unfasten the zipper of (an item of clothing): he unzipped his black jacket
More example sentences
- Carefully, I unzipped his jacket and pulled up his Alexisonfire shirt.
- Will unzipped his jacket and pulled me closer to him, so that I might warm up.
- I unzip my jacket and pull my arm from the sleeve of my T-shirt.
1.1 Computing Decompress (a file) that has previously been compressed.
- DiskJockey is one very powerful file utility for any user who needs to move, copy, delete, archive, unzip an archive file, or change file attributes.
- This last location isn't actually much use, because you need a password to unzip the file, but it does show the driver's finished.
- To unzip a file, you need an unzipping utility like WinZip.
Definition of unzip in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan