Definition of unzip in English:
verb (unzips, unzipping, unzipped)[with object]
1Unfasten the zipper of (an item of clothing): he unzipped his black jacket
More example sentences
- Carefully, I unzipped his jacket and pulled up his Alexisonfire shirt.
- Will unzipped his jacket and pulled me closer to him, so that I might warm up.
- I unzip my jacket and pull my arm from the sleeve of my T-shirt.
1.1 Computing Decompress (a file) that has previously been compressed.
- DiskJockey is one very powerful file utility for any user who needs to move, copy, delete, archive, unzip an archive file, or change file attributes.
- This last location isn't actually much use, because you need a password to unzip the file, but it does show the driver's finished.
- To unzip a file, you need an unzipping utility like WinZip.
Definition of unzip in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.