noun(also upcast shaft)
- A shaft through which air leaves a mine.More example sentences
- Approaching demolition, various holes appeared in the brickwork of the upcast shaft allowing access to the foolhardy.
- One of the shafts at Whinney Hill then became the upcast shaft for both collieries.
- A new upcast shaft was sunk by Allied Constructions Pty Ltd.
verb(past and past participle upcast) [with object] Back to top
More definitions of upcastDefinition of upcast in:
- The British & World English dictionary