- 1Soft, padded textile covering that is fixed to furniture such as armchairs and sofas.More example sentences
- For a chic design with a contemporary edge, Monty favors sophisticated fabrics and tailored upholstery in leather and linen.
- Even the soft warm leather upholstery and steady movement of the vehicle didn't succeed in lulling the girl to sleep.
- Walnut timber floor and panelling are contrasted with the aubergine panelling of the limestone bar, and the furniture upholstery is a calming blue.
- 1.1The art or practice of fitting padded coverings to chairs or sofas.More example sentences
- Linking with the waterways theme were stalls of canal boat art and decoration, boat upholstery, knot tying and information about the British Waterways.
- He noted that among the areas involved were arts and crafts, woodwork, upholstery, photography and so on.
- Anyone interested in classes in Woodwork, Pottery or upholstery are advised to get in touch with the organization as soon as possible.
More definitions of upholsteryDefinition of upholstery in:
- The British & World English dictionary