- Cotton of a type grown in the US that typically yields medium- and short-staple forms of cotton.
More example sentences
- Gossypium hirsutum variety latifolium, family Malvaceae
- Cotton Incorporated is a research and marketing company representing upland cotton, and is funded by more than 30,000 U.S. producers of upland cotton and U.S. importers of cotton and cotton products.
- Breeders of conventional or upland cotton, may also benefit from the research.
More definitions of upland cottonDefinition of upland cotton in:
- The British & World English dictionary