(also uplighter /-ˌlītər/)
A light placed or designed to throw illumination upward.
- This type of lighting can be supplied by table or floor lamps, uplights, downlights, spotlights and hanging lights.
- Where can I buy small, pretty uplighters or wall lights?
- The plans also include repaving the area and installing uplighters to illuminate the memorials and St Mary Magdalen Church.
- Example sentences
- The uplighting within the three halls can be boosted with downlights as needed; however, there is less natural lighting than the architects had intended.
- The décor is a maze of right angles accented by uplighting, gold Buddhas, red lanterns, and black calligraphy.
- Mechanical systems are exposed for ease of access, and uplighting creates a brighter, more airy workspace below.
Definition of uplight in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.