(also uplighter /-ˌlītər/)
Definition of uplight in English:
A light placed or designed to throw illumination upward.
- This type of lighting can be supplied by table or floor lamps, uplights, downlights, spotlights and hanging lights.
- Where can I buy small, pretty uplighters or wall lights?
- The plans also include repaving the area and installing uplighters to illuminate the memorials and St Mary Magdalen Church.
- Example sentences
- The uplighting within the three halls can be boosted with downlights as needed; however, there is less natural lighting than the architects had intended.
- The décor is a maze of right angles accented by uplighting, gold Buddhas, red lanterns, and black calligraphy.
- Mechanical systems are exposed for ease of access, and uplighting creates a brighter, more airy workspace below.
Definition of uplight in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan