Definition of uplink in English:
A communications link to a satellite.
- The camp allows broadcast news crews to experiment with improved communications gear and satellite uplinks.
- The prospect of war means satellite uplinks, mobile phones, and global positioning systems are primed to bring you live vision of a place where telephones are rare.
- He also worked part-time at a satellite uplink station.
verb[with object] Back to top
Provide (someone) with or send (something) by satellite link: I can uplink fax transmissions to a satellite
More example sentences
- So the TV station ran a special segment every night with Olympics highlights and stories from the reporter Bill Ward, who uplinked video reports and commentary almost every day, sometimes twice a day.
- Even before he was uplinking satellites in Kosovo, Meyer was a resourceful guy.
- At the festival this year, I helped build a satellite uplinked version of this network, with capacity and range for 30,000 people, and it was up and running in only a few days.
Definition of uplink in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan