Definition of upper school in English:
1A secondary school for children aged from about fourteen upward, generally following on from a middle school.
- Today, she regularly visits other Montessori middle and upper schools across North America and around the world, observing and consulting.
- Bedfordshire County Council operates a three-tier education system, with lower, middle and upper schools.
- If we raise money from selling off shops in Bingley to use on upper schools or special schools, then that seems a sensible use of our capital.
1.1The section of a school that comprises or caters to the older students.
- Around 400 Year 9 to Year 13 pupils from the upper school building spilled into the town centre to oppose war as police were called to try to dispel the crowds.
- Half of the pupils at the upper school will spend the day at Lockeridge with the infants' classes.
- The middle school is on the same campus as the upper school but we used separate buildings.
Definition of upper school in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia