Definition of upper school in English:
1A secondary school for children aged from about fourteen upward, generally following on from a middle school.
- Today, she regularly visits other Montessori middle and upper schools across North America and around the world, observing and consulting.
- Bedfordshire County Council operates a three-tier education system, with lower, middle and upper schools.
- If we raise money from selling off shops in Bingley to use on upper schools or special schools, then that seems a sensible use of our capital.
1.1The section of a school that comprises or caters to the older students.
- Around 400 Year 9 to Year 13 pupils from the upper school building spilled into the town centre to oppose war as police were called to try to dispel the crowds.
- Half of the pupils at the upper school will spend the day at Lockeridge with the infants' classes.
- The middle school is on the same campus as the upper school but we used separate buildings.
Definition of upper school in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.