More example sentences
- She sensed, too, that her English accent kept her a little apart, made her sound uppish.
- More example sentences
- The comedy portrays the changing relationship between Henry Horatio Hobson, a widower and boot-shop proprietor, and his three daughters who have begun showing ‘a general increase of uppishness’.
- In addition, batman often has to rescue, save, or generally protect robin from his uppishness and his willingness to get into trouble.
- It may be grossly unfair of me to suggest it, but when one of their number is singled out, even the most charitable colleagues will be on the look-out for the slightest signs of uppishness.
Definition of uppish in:
- The British & World English dictionary