- A rising of seawater, magma, or other liquid.More example sentences
- The question of why the plates move gets passed on to the geologists, who appeal to an upwelling of magma that pushes them apart.
- In certain areas of these coral reefs, high tidal ranges generate daily upwelling during flood tides.
- This is reinforced by the presence of the upwelling, north-flowing, cold Humboldt Current along the west coast of South America, which prevents precipitation in the coastal regions.
adjectiveBack to top
More definitions of upwellingDefinition of upwelling in:
- The British & World English dictionary