Definition of urbanity in English:
1Suavity, courteousness, and refinement of manner.
- For all his urbanity and good manners, it wasn't a particularly impressive performance.
- There's another quote about him that I like that says he was known for ‘his wit and for the urbanity of his manners and his keen relish of social enjoyments’.
- It's not threatening urbanity, high culture and tolerance.
- It is a style that is rooted in tradition and the exotic, yet reflects the dynamism of modern urbanity.
- Henen draws on her awareness of middle class urbanity in her work.
- That such cosmopolitan urbanity both exists in Croatia and mingles freely with the country's pastoral charm does not surprise Croatians; what surprises them is how slow the rest of the world has been to catch on.
Words that rhyme with urbanityChristianity, humanity, inanity, profanity, sanity, vanity
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.