Definition of urethane in English:
1A synthetic crystalline compound used in making pesticides and fungicides, and formerly as an anesthetic.
- A new survey by the government's Food Standards Agency shows that many old single malts contain much higher concentrations of a dangerous chemical called ethyl carbamate than younger, blended whiskies.
- When the Sunday Herald revealed in May that single malt whiskies were contaminated with high levels of a cancer-causing toxin, ethyl carbamate, the agency insisted that the health risks were minimal.
- It's a transparent kayak, made of clear urethane and carbon kevlar.
1.1 short for polyurethane.
- Cody carved them out of urethane and polystyrene foam, coated them with primer or plaster and painted them blue, pink and white.
- Liquid silicone in urethane bags was used extensively for breast implants until reports of leakage in 1992.
- Grant Hawk's knives can be had with a variety of options including exotic wood, urethane, Micarta or carbon fiber handles.
Definition of urethane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan