- 1A synthetic crystalline compound used in making pesticides and fungicides, and formerly as an anesthetic.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: ethyl carbamate; chemical formula: CO(NH2)OC2H5
- A new survey by the government's Food Standards Agency shows that many old single malts contain much higher concentrations of a dangerous chemical called ethyl carbamate than younger, blended whiskies.
- When the Sunday Herald revealed in May that single malt whiskies were contaminated with high levels of a cancer-causing toxin, ethyl carbamate, the agency insisted that the health risks were minimal.
- It's a transparent kayak, made of clear urethane and carbon kevlar.
- 1.1 short for polyurethane.More example sentences
- Cody carved them out of urethane and polystyrene foam, coated them with primer or plaster and painted them blue, pink and white.
- Liquid silicone in urethane bags was used extensively for breast implants until reports of leakage in 1992.
- Grant Hawk's knives can be had with a variety of options including exotic wood, urethane, Micarta or carbon fiber handles.
More definitions of urethaneDefinition of urethane in:
- The British & World English dictionary