- A marine invertebrate of the group Urochordata, which comprises the tunicates.More example sentences
- Chordates are divided into urochordates, cephalochordates, and vertebrates.
- For instance, adult urochordates are typically sessile, while many vertebrates are quite active.
- Their report that urochordates are comprised of 4 discrete lineages holds interesting implications for understanding the evolution of tadpole morphology and chordate life history.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting urochordates.More example sentences
- This suggests that the disruption observed is specific to the urochordate lineage.
- These data further support the hypothesis that duplication and differentiation giving rise to cardiac and skeletal genes occurred following divergence of the urochordate and vertebrate ancestors.
- The phylogenic analysis implies that the multiple actinin isoforms found in modern vertebrates arose after the divergence of the vertebrate and urochordate lineages.
More definitions of urochordateDefinition of urochordate in:
- The British & World English dictionary