- An enzyme produced in the kidneys that promotes the conversion of plasminogen to plasmin and can be used to dissolve blood clots.More example sentences
- Tissue plasminogen activator and, to a lesser degree, urokinase are serine proteases which convert plasminogen to plasmin.
- The systematic review included information on three different thrombolytic agents: streptokinase, urokinase, and recombinant tissue plasminogen activator, but direct comparison of different thrombolytic drugs was not possible.
- Five studies used streptokinase, two used urokinase, and four used tissue plasminogen activator.
More definitions of urokinaseDefinition of urokinase in:
- The British & World English dictionary