- Any of a class of compounds that are derived from sugars by oxidizing a —CH2OH group to an acid group (—COOH).More example sentences
- Ascorbic acid is more commonly known as vitamin C. Ascorbic acid is derived from glucose via the uronic acid pathway.
- Because differences in tolerance might relate to differences in detoxification, we also measured the excretion of uronic acids (principally glucuronic acid), the most important conjugation metabolites in mammals.
- Readily soluble in water, these polysaccharides contain various sugar moieties, uronic acid, and less than five-percent protein by weight.
More definitions of uronic acidDefinition of uronic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary