1A person who uses or operates something, especially a computer or other machine.
- To operate the card a user would need to press a button on the card's surface and provide a password.
- These functions also operate independently providing the user with complete control.
- The phone user will then press a single button to put them through to an operator who can connect them with the number they want to dial.
1.1A person who takes illegal drugs; a drug user: the drug causes long-term brain damage in users a heroin user
More example sentences
- Also, using cannabis does not mean that you are on the slippery slope to becoming a heroin user or future drug pusher.
- Drug users, abusers and addicts are now considered to be in the ultra high risk group.
- Does quitting cigarette smoking help or hurt the polydrug user in treatment for drug use?
2 Law The continued use or enjoyment of a right.
- Malice tips the balance towards finding the defendant's user unreasonable.
- There is only one period (not a short and a long period) and that requires user for a period of 20 years.
- My instinctive reaction to the suggestion that an implied licence could not be sufficient to defeat a claim of user as of right was to wonder why ever not.
Words that rhyme with userabuser, accuser, boozer, bruiser, chooser, cruiser, diffuser, infuser, lollapalooza, loser, Marcuse, medusa, mezuzah, misuser, peruser, refuser, snoozer, Sousa, yakuza
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.