Of or relating to the practice of usury: they lend money at usurious rates
More example sentences
- On the other side of the political spectrum, liberals worry that litigation finance firms offering usurious rates prey upon a desperate clientele.
- Desperate American workers are forced to rely on credit card debt at usurious interest rates to pay for basic necessities.
- They make half their income by surprising people with enormous penalties and usurious interest rate changes if they forget to pay their phone bill one month.
- More example sentences
- Credit was tight, interest rates usuriously high.
- While management has been usuriously enriching themselves, shareholders have suffered greatly.
- The fact remains that banks are able to charge usuriously high interest rates because the government secures their monopoly.
More definitions of usuriousDefinition of usurious in:
- The British & World English dictionary