Modeled on or aiming for a state in which everything is perfect; idealistic.
- The exhibition features detailed but unrealised designs for futuristic new ways of living and utopian ideals of the perfect living space.
- These books are an indictment of uncompromising, fanatical, and utopian ideology.
- Their concern is that utopian aspirations towards a new peaceful world order will simply absolutize conflicts and make them more intractable.
An idealistic reformer.
- The idea of a classical republic inspired a tradition of thought which, overtaken by the new politics of reason of state in early modern times, was preserved largely in the writings of philosophers, utopians, and pamphleteers.
- Throughout the twentieth century, radicals, revolutionaries, feminists, utopians and unionists competed for their hearts and minds to lead the people's procession.
- Were they courageous visionaries, or romantic utopians?
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.