Definition of uxoricide in English:
1The killing of one’s wife.
- Not only did he never commit uxoricide, he never hit his wife.
- The risk of uxoricide increased with greater age difference between partners.
- Although seemingly rare, the rate of incidence of uxoricide in the United States is similar to that of childhood leukemia.
- Example sentences
- Add to this already zany array of characters, a psychiatrist with his own uxoricidal fantasies, and you have a Broadway comedy.
- How and why the play cultivates such mixed responses toward a tyrannical, regicidal, fratricidal, uxoricidal, incestuous bogey-man will occupy our attention.
- He was a rock star in a glittering, perilous age, an intellectually curious, athletic charmer who became a uxoricidal, paranoid turkey-leg chomper, pursuing a male heir through six wives.
Pronunciation: /əkˌsôrəˈsīdl/ /əɡˌzôr-/adjective
Words that rhyme with uxoricidecountryside • infanticide
Definition of uxoricide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.