Definition of uxoricide in English:
1The killing of one’s wife.
- Not only did he never commit uxoricide, he never hit his wife.
- The risk of uxoricide increased with greater age difference between partners.
- Although seemingly rare, the rate of incidence of uxoricide in the United States is similar to that of childhood leukemia.
- Example sentences
- Add to this already zany array of characters, a psychiatrist with his own uxoricidal fantasies, and you have a Broadway comedy.
- How and why the play cultivates such mixed responses toward a tyrannical, regicidal, fratricidal, uxoricidal, incestuous bogey-man will occupy our attention.
- He was a rock star in a glittering, perilous age, an intellectually curious, athletic charmer who became a uxoricidal, paranoid turkey-leg chomper, pursuing a male heir through six wives.
Pronunciation: /əkˌsôrəˈsīdl/ /əɡˌzôr-/adjective
Words that rhyme with uxoricidecountryside • infanticide
Definition of uxoricide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan