Definition of V-neck in English:
1A neckline of a garment, having straight sides meeting at a point to form a V-shape.
- Choose pullovers with a small V-neck that draw the eye down, rather than a round neck, which creates a broader shoulder line.
- One of London's faves this season is a V-neck sweater with shirt collar and sleeves sewn on but no actual shirt underneath.
- The V-neck style also has extensive tonal stitch detail.
1.1A garment with a V-neck.
- Gold wash jeans look amazing with solid colored button-down shirts, V-necks and crew necks.
- Whether they are haute couture, designer trousers, or ripped jeans, V-necks can be tucked in or left out of pants, to create the perfect look.
- Whether you're wearing a blazer or a leather jacket, a shirt such as a turtleneck, mock neck, V-neck, or crew neck all look great.
- Example sentences
- Devlin fitted himself into a pair of Levi jeans, a wide V-necked black silk shirt, and a pair of suede brown shoes.
- She admired Faith's outfit, a light blue silky V-necked blouse setting off her magnificent tan, the simple white skirt making her look tall.
- Versace's lean, muscled models paraded long V-necked tunics embossed with glittering beading, worn over jeans.
Pronunciation: /ˈvē ˌnekt/adjective
Definition of V-neck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.