- A railroad-vehicle brake operated by changes in pressure in a continuous pipe that is generally kept exhausted of air by a pump and controls similar brakes throughout the train.More example sentences
- It may be admitted that with the increase in speeds and loads, few railways now use the vacuum brake.
- Johanns was thoroughly burnt but managed to stop the train by using a vacuum brake.
- The manifold is sealed with a spin-welded end cap (which also serves as a mounting bracket for the vacuum brake booster).
More definitions of vacuum brakeDefinition of vacuum brake in:
- The British & World English dictionary