- A pump used for creating a vacuum.More example sentences
- Test solutions were removed from the perfusion chamber by suction via a vacuum pump.
- Many scientists, particularly Hobbes, had argued that a vacuum could not exist and claimed that Boyle's results obtained with the vacuum pump must be the result of some as yet undiscovered force.
- The filter comprises a slowly rotating drum, semi-immersed in the product to be filtered, covered in a fine stainless steel mesh, and fitted with an internal vacuum pump.
More definitions of vacuum pumpDefinition of vacuum pump in:
- The British & World English dictionary