- A student, typically having the highest academic achievements of the class, who delivers the valedictory at a graduation ceremony. Compare with salutatorian.More example sentences
- She graduated as the valedictorian of her high school class, securing a space at Spelman, the all black women's college in Atlanta.
- Last spring, their daughter graduated as the valedictorian of her high school class.
- She has been checking with area alumni to compile lists of the valedictorians and salutatorians for each graduating class as well as records set by past district athletes.
More definitions of valedictorianDefinition of valedictorian in:
- The British & World English dictionary