Definition of valley in English:
noun (plural valleys)
1A low area of land between hills or mountains, typically with a river or stream flowing through it.
- It has such beautiful farmland, mountains, valleys, and rivers that one-fifth of the country is designated as national parkland.
- Mountains, valleys, and rivers provide memorable scenery for tourists.
- The steep hills and valleys also offer superb rivers for white-water rafting.
2 Architecture An internal angle formed by the intersecting planes of a roof, or by the slope of a roof and a wall.
- Check flashings at valleys, chimneys, dormers, vent pipes, and other roofing protrusions.
- Roof outlets, valleys, gutters and overflows need to be inspected and cleaned twice each year, once in the autumn and once in the spring.
- One of the valleys in the church roof needs repairs immediately.
Words that rhyme with valleyAli, alley, Allie, Ally, bally, dally, dilly-dally, farfalle, galley, Halley, mallee, Mexicali, pally, Raleigh, rally, reveille, sally, tally
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan