The amount by which the value of an article is increased at each stage of its production, exclusive of initial costs.
- However, textile's share of value added increased over the same period, from 11 percent to 13 percent.
- We are delighted that our value added at both key stages three and four is so good.
- Real gross output may also be easier to measure than real value added because it depends largely on deriving price indexes for observable sales.
1(Of goods) having features added to a basic line or model for which the buyer is prepared to pay extra.
- The software will be offered to existing customers and new buyers as ‘a value added service’, the company said.
- Some value added services are deliverable today.
- Market penetration has been limited, as relatively few people have opted for these systems or are ready to pay for their associated value added services.
1.1(Of a company) offering specialized or extended services in a commercial area.
- The income generated from the value-added business will flow to, and within, the local community.
- The fastest growth rate in rural areas has been in farmer-owned, value-added businesses.
- It could be that one of the brands migrates more toward a high-technology, value-added brand.
Definition of value added in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.