noun (plural vaporetti /-ˈretē/ or vaporettos)
- (In Venice) a canal boat (originally a steamboat, now a motorboat) used for public transportation.More example sentences
- In the lower gallery there are videos of footage taken from a ferry in Sydney Harbour and a vaporetto in Venice.
- As our river bus weaves in and out among the swarm of vaporetti, traghetti, gondolas and private craft, Venice begins to reveal itself.
- There is too much to see, and the vaporettos are so heavily laden, they look as if they may sink at any moment.
Italian, diminutive of vapore 'steam', from Latin vapor.
More definitions of vaporettoDefinition of vaporetto in:
- The British & World English dictionary