noun (plural vaqueros)
- (In Spanish-speaking parts of the US) a cowboy; a cattle driver.More example sentences
- Even so, I was surprised to find Spanish vaqueros - cowboys - in the western province of Extremadura, were still herding cattle on horseback.
- Today's art of cowboying is the same as it was 150 years ago, when cowboys in the Spanish vaquero tradition roamed mountain ranges and low-slung plains.
- The new Rodeo almost passes for a literal bucking bronco roundup, jam-packed with so many vaqueros that I feel naked without a Mexican-style cowboy hat of my own.
Spanish, from vaca 'cow'.
More definitions of vaqueroDefinition of vaquero in:
- The British & World English dictionary