- A deformity involving oblique displacement of part of a limb toward the midline. The opposite of valgus.More example sentences
- The lower extremities were equal in length, and no varus or valgus deformity of the knee was present.
- In a recent study, an association between high longitudinal arches with less pronation of the ankle and less varus of the forefoot was noted.
- Supination of the foot and heal varus are corrected by abducting the supinated foot under the talus.
early 19th century: from Latin, literally 'bent, crooked'.
More definitions of varusDefinition of varus in:
- The British & World English dictionary