adjectiveAnatomy , Zoology , & Medicine
- 1Of, relating to, affecting, or consisting of a vessel or vessels, especially those that carry blood: vascular disease the vascular systemMore example sentences
- And of course cholesterol levels in the blood are related to your blood vessels of your vascular system.
- Here, we have engineered blood vessels from vascular cells in elderly men.
- Smokers have a greater incidence of coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction, peripheral vascular disease, and reduced healing rates.
- 1.1 Botany Relating to or denoting the plant tissues (xylem and phloem) that conduct water, sap, and nutrients in flowering plants, ferns, and their relatives.More example sentences
- Xylem vessels, the vascular tubes responsible for water transport throughout the plant, are formed by tracheary elements.
- The most obvious manifestation of this is the development of wood, or secondary xylem, from the vascular cambium.
- Accumulation was found first in the xylem, then in vascular parenchyma and then in the thick-walled sieve elements.
- More example sentences
- Much like the meniscus, the labrum has a relatively low healing potential because of decreased vascularity.
- A subsequent neck ultrasound revealed a hypoechoic, well-circumscribed, 1.8-cm mass with moderate vascularity in the lower pole of the right thyroid lobe.
- The approximate locations of the major fissures are inferred from areas of relatively sparse pulmonary vascularity.
late 17th century: from modern Latin vascularis, from Latin vasculum (see vasculum).
More definitions of vascularDefinition of vascular in:
- The British & World English dictionary