Definition of vascular in English:
adjectiveAnatomy , Zoology , & Medicine
1Of, relating to, affecting, or consisting of a vessel or vessels, especially those that carry blood: vascular disease the vascular system
More example sentences
- And of course cholesterol levels in the blood are related to your blood vessels of your vascular system.
- Here, we have engineered blood vessels from vascular cells in elderly men.
- Smokers have a greater incidence of coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction, peripheral vascular disease, and reduced healing rates.
1.1 Botany Relating to or denoting the plant tissues (xylem and phloem) that conduct water, sap, and nutrients in flowering plants, ferns, and their relatives.
- Xylem vessels, the vascular tubes responsible for water transport throughout the plant, are formed by tracheary elements.
- The most obvious manifestation of this is the development of wood, or secondary xylem, from the vascular cambium.
- Accumulation was found first in the xylem, then in vascular parenchyma and then in the thick-walled sieve elements.
- Example sentences
- Much like the meniscus, the labrum has a relatively low healing potential because of decreased vascularity.
- A subsequent neck ultrasound revealed a hypoechoic, well-circumscribed, 1.8-cm mass with moderate vascularity in the lower pole of the right thyroid lobe.
- The approximate locations of the major fissures are inferred from areas of relatively sparse pulmonary vascularity.
Words that rhyme with vascularcardiovascular
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.