Definition of vascular plant in English:
A plant that is characterized by the presence of conducting tissue.
- Subkingdom Tracheophyta: divisions Pteridophyta (ferns, horsetails, and club mosses) and Spermatophyta (cycads, conifers, and flowering plants)
- Both seed plants and ferns are vascular plants, having conducting tissue in their steins.
- Lignin formation is an essential part of the development of xylem tissue in vascular plants.
- Plants were collected with flower or fruit, with the exception of seedless vascular plants, which were collected with sporangia.
Definition of vascular plant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan