A plant that is characterized by the presence of conducting tissue.
- Subkingdom Tracheophyta: divisions Pteridophyta (ferns, horsetails, and club mosses) and Spermatophyta (cycads, conifers, and flowering plants)
More example sentences
- Both seed plants and ferns are vascular plants, having conducting tissue in their steins.
- Lignin formation is an essential part of the development of xylem tissue in vascular plants.
- Plants were collected with flower or fruit, with the exception of seedless vascular plants, which were collected with sporangia.
More definitions of vascular plantDefinition of vascular plant in:
- The British & World English dictionary