noun (plural vascula /-lə/)Botany
- A collecting box for plants, typically in the form of a flattened cylindrical metal case with a lengthwise opening, carried by a shoulder strap.More example sentences
- Many plants may be kept in the vasculum for several days if needed without sustaining injury.
- The plastic bag has universally replaced the vasculum, but care needs to be taken to protect from the sun.
- Several specimens may be placed in one vasculum, but be cautious to not damage delicate leaves and flowers.
late 18th century: from Latin, diminutive of vas 'vessel'.
More definitions of vasculumDefinition of vasculum in:
- The British & World English dictionary